IMM

Default What constitutes reasonable wear (cordless drill)

wrote in message
In uk.d-i-y, Andy Hall wrote:

On the web site, and the catalogue, they use the description "high
performing". I think that that would be good enough for me to
invoke the warranty. If this were a ??50 job, maybe not, but at ??140
I would expect more.

And further strengthening GrVIPunff's case ;-), I note that the front

cover
of the current (vol. 71) Screwfix cat has a flash reading: "CHECK OUT -
LOWEST PRICES - for - PROFESSIONAL POWER TOOLS" followed by 4 logos:
Bosch, Erbauer, DeWalt, Makita. Which shows their own advertising places
the Erbauer in the same sort of bracket as those other brands - so a
polite invocation of the 2-year guarantee seems justified.

That is why it is always best to get a power tool with a decent guarantee.
PP Pro from B&Q and Ferm from Screwfix are 3 years. Ferm are low rent
models but that guarantee means you don't get ripped off.

I see Argos have a two levels of quality on their Challenge range, like B&Q
with PP and PP Pro. Do the Excel versions (I think it is that) have longer
guarantees?

---