Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default Difference In Maintenance Betwen Different Types of CH

In article ,
Stuart B wrote:
At present I have a 25 y/old Potterton CF60 floor standing boiler with
an indirect Primatic cylinder . In about 10 days it is getting
replaced by an Alpha 32 condensing boiler .

The present boiler is very basic and to do anything to the CH
ssystem,for example replacing rads,it's ead easy to drain down the
system and then refill it after the work is done .

taking rad replacement or trv replacement as an example what will be
involved in doing that in my new system ...presumably the system will
have some sort of chemicals in it and it would be a waste to flush
them down the drain .

Your old system should have had inhibitor in it too - and I'm surprised
it's lasted that long without it. Or perhaps that's why you talk about rad
replacement - being made of steel they *will* corrode without inhibitor.

Since the requirement to drain down should be a rare occurrence it makes
sense just to add new inhibitor since that makes sure it's up to
strength. etc.

--
*Stable Relationships Are For Horses. *

Dave Plowman London SW