Roy

Default Horizontal bandsaw question

On Wed, 18 Feb 2004 17:32:14 -0800, "SteveB"
wrote:

===I was googling, and came up with Grizzly and Jet horizontal bandsaws in the
===two to three hundred dollar price range. Should I opt for one that is a
===little more, or just go with the HF standard? Anyone have any experience
===with these brands? Can anyone suggest others in the three hundred dollar
===range?
===
===TIA
===
===Steve
===

I just can't imagine what a higher priced in the same size catagory
can do that a cheaper HF brand won't There all basically the same.
With a small amouont of time and some tinkering its a fine saw. After
20 years I am still waiting for my HF saw to give up the ghost, so I
can go to the larger model saw HF sells as a lot of times I sure
wished I could have a bit more capacity. So if I was to go out in my
shop now and have my HF bandsaw die on me, I would be really bummed
out, but not ****ed off, as it has served me well and soes what I ask
of it to do and then some.

There was always the talk about Jet having better quality control than
Grizzly, etc etc and they all basically come out of the same few
factories in China / Taiwan, and that Jet gets first dibs on the
better machines, and Grizzley gets the next, etc etc, but I don;t buy
that bull$hit after buying a brand new lathe and seeing other items
JET has made. Its all a crap shoot when buying anything today and the
cheap HF is no better or worse than a JET or other brand is.

For three hundred bucks I would buy 2 harbor freights or spring an
extra 100 and buy the larger model they have.

I had no input whatsoever.
Remove "nospam" from email addy.