Posted to sci.electronics.repair

Default Washed-out looking monitor

David Nebenzahl wrote:
Meat Plow spake thus:
On Sun, 21 Jan 2007 21:12:15 -0800, David Nebenzahl Has Frothed:
Dani spake thus:

So you know all about CRT devices but don't know about the CRT's g2 grid?
The warnings are for your saftey and the potential saftey of others
reading these threads.

No, I had never heard that term before. I do know about CRTs (not *all*
about them, obviously), but I'm not in the TV repair business and don't
know all the jargon. So sue me.

Most common cause of washed out appearance IME is a monitor set to high
colour temperature. Set to 5000K or so they look much better. But that
in itself doesnt address the misadjusted black level, that will need a
tweak inside to sort. As well as the safety issues you dont want to
hear about, also dont turn a preset more than needed, as some presets
will kill a set if turned too far.

Lets hope you know more about CRT safety than you're letting on.

NT