Posted to rec.woodworking
Robatoy Robatoy is offline

Default Lining a Speaker Cabinet

# Fred # wrote:
Electrostatics on the other hand, are a form of transducers which do
not operate on an electromagnetic motor, but operate on a totally
different principle.

You mean a moving capacitor.

Uhhh...sure.

The $10K headphones (I'm assuming you're talking about Stax
Earspeakers?)

I could have gotten a new Stax for $500 - ah, inflation over the years.

Baseball cards, My Marklin train collection. Yup.

I have a Stax tone-arm which has never been equalled in any way, shape
or form. That used to be one crazy little company.

Is that like the Japanese laser turntable? I've donated all my vinyl's when
the first generation CD players came along in the early 80's and never look
back.

No. Beryllium shaft, rolomite bearings, gobs of platinum everywhere.
It is worth more than the mortgage of 3 of my houses.