Posted to misc.consumers.house
satellite_chris satellite_chris is offline

Default Generator 220v Twistlock - (2) 110v outlets

MG Kelson
I have a Troybilt 20345

Here is the manual:
http://www.troybilt-gen-pw.com/data/...0245_0esBw.pdf

and the wiring diagram:
http://www.troybilt-gen-pw.com/data/...30245_0wds.pdf

So would I be Okay with this configuration?

Could I use (2) 20 amp duplex outlets, 1 per leg or should I stick with
15amp?

Thanks,
Chris

wrote:
It all depends on the generator. If you go to the Briggs & Stratton web
page and look up the "Wheelhouse 5550W generator, for instance, and
check out the schematic diagram, you'll find that the generator has
built in 20-Amp breakers on each pole of the output, yet it does have a
30-Amp, twist-lock, connector. So, you would be OK with that
combination.
http://tinyurl.com/2xsc9t

The problem, of course, would come if you replaced the generator with a
larger one and used the same wiring.