Posted to uk.d-i-y
Martin Pentreath Martin Pentreath is offline

Default euro convertor

wrote:
I've just bought a Briel espresso machine by mail order from France. It
has a standard European two pin plug with receptacle for male grounding
pin. It runs on 230V and load is 1600 watts. The only adapter I can
find online is Maplin's euro convertor but that shows a max load of 600
watts. Can I just cut off the plug and fit a standard UK plug onto the
cable?

Yes - all an adaptor would do is to reassign the connections to the
correct UK pins, so why not just cut out the middle man.