Posted to sci.electronics.repair
Sitre Magana Sitre Magana is offline

Default I destroyed my television

Art wrote:

your own possessions as you indicated. Hopefully you have a good radio to
listen for the next weather and/or security alerts.

The last time I listened to the radio I got so sick on Joshua Kadison -
Beautiful in my Eyes that I shut off the radio and never turned it back
on. I have 5200 cassette tapes and 100 C.D.s so I would never think
about turning on the radio. The amazing thing is in the last few years
they have introduced a cable version of radio - satellite radio. I
can't believe a couple of million people are actually paying a monthly
fee to listen.

The cost of a month of satellite radio is about as much as a C.D. I
would rather C.D.s then subscribe to satellite each month so I can
have control of what I listen to and not have to put up with Donna
Summer all the time.

Also, for the price of a satellite radio receiver (which are usually
junk) I can upgrade my stereo system. I got a JVC tape deck which I
bought used for $20.00. It's got auto-reverse, music search, HX-Pro
which makes playback sound better and Dolby B&C. It's about 12 years
old but it works better than anything made today.

I got it hooked up to 5 Pyle PT-4000 amps which put out 2000 watts, or
1000 watts per channel. I don't even have a volume control. Imagine
thumping Glen Houston at 10,000 watts.