Posted to sci.electronics.repair
Art Art is offline

Default Projection Lamp for projection TV

Suggest not using any of the "Cheap" lamps in any of the units currently
available. The results of using some of the items, such as the LTI supplied
lamps, have only proven to cause more customer aggravation than want it is
worth. Stay with the manufacturer recommend replacement lamps. I'm sure
there are many other opinions about this subject but after servicing
multiple products by different manufacturers we find the previous
recommended suggestion viable.
"Andy" wrote in message
oups.com...
Andy asks:

I see these TV projection sets for under $1000 and it seems like
a good deal until I read that the lamp has a 90 day warranty or some
other short time.... And, from what I can find, the replacement lamps
are like $500 each.....

Does anyone here with experience in these items care to take
a minute to talk about the best, most reliable, projectors... or any
comments on lower cost projection lamps ?

Thanks in advance,

Andy in Eureka, Texas