Posted to rec.woodworking
[email protected] ajames54@hotmail.com is offline

Default milling machine

gilles wrote:
as any one ever used a milling machine as a wood cutting i have just
purchased one but not received it will be in operation in a month or so i
want to make small parts like wheels etc if any one as ever used one i would
like your feed back on this subject thanks.

I have.. I learned to operate one years ago and still find it easier to
set things up on a mill than on a lathe or router table. As mentioned
the Sawdust is an issue but if you clean it (the mill) up after cutting
metal there is no reason for the sawdust to get anywhere the metal
shavings wont get.. and if it does that area should be dry and easy to
vacuum up.

(If you have the cutting fluid spraying all over everywhere when you
cut metal then that is another story)