Posted to rec.woodworking
paul paul is offline

Default Bleaching

Don Dando wrote:
While I have never done any bleaching, it occurs to me that the linseed oil
may have soaked in differently across the wood because of grain patterns. I
suspect that any linseed oil that is buried in the grain could cause
splotching and really look bad.

I' try out bleaching some sample wood before working on the cabinets or on a
door back that will not show.

Thanks Don

I have sanded out as best I can and it looks ok , I will go over with
some oil based stripper and wire wool to remove what I can from the
grain , I have spoken to rustins the uk firm who supply the bleach and
as you would imagine the reply was" try a sample and see"
many thanks Paul