Posted to sci.electronics.repair
jakdedert jakdedert is offline

Default Repairing a laptop charger

Art wrote:
Buy another power supply form the vendor.

Nope, IME, the best place is from eBay. Buy an OEM replacement if the
computer is more than a year or two old. Search on the model number to
see the quantity available.

Watch out for low 'Buy It Now' price coupled with outrageous shipping.....

jak

"ency" wrote in message
oups.com...
Well, my first charger was broken down a short time ago and i bought a
new one but it's also broken now. when i plug it, it doesn't work but
when i shake it strongly then starts to work. I checked the power
cable but it's ok, i also opened it and controlled all the soldered
parts but no problem. Only a sizzling from condenser. Checking the web
found that there might be a problem with SRC or condenser, i tried to
solder anode and cathode of the SRC ( i thought no problem will
accure) but there was a small explotion
I checked the circuit there isn't much damage. What can i do now?