Posted to uk.d-i-y
Dave Liquorice Dave Liquorice is offline

Default Immersion Heater

On Sun, 21 Jan 2007 22:34:06 -0000, The Medway Handyman wrote:

It's one I fitted about 6 months ago. Got it from Toolstation. I
suspect it's the timer at fault because he has hot water OK in the
mornings, but not later on in the day.

I need to isolate the problem.

Finger trouble on part of the owner? They use all the ho****er in the
morning then don't switch it back on, or "boost" it, again for ho****er
later?

Is this an E7 instalation? If and assuming no "operator error" the boost
contacts in the timer/switch might be najjered or the boost immersion
element if it is a two element system or both. My first check would be
for mains reaching the correct element when the boost is operated.

--
Cheers
Dave. pam is missing e-mail