Posted to alt.home.repair
Jeffy3 Jeffy3 is offline

Default Contents of Refrigerator Frozen Upon Return from Weekend Away

I am assuming a thermostadt problem? We have a standard refrigerator,
about 10 years-old, with the freezer
on top and an icemaker.
Several months ago we had a problem where the freezer was working fine
but the refrigerator was warm. Our service guy replaced the defrost
timer (I believe that's what he called it) and everything's been fine.
He stated that you're lucky to get ten years out of a
refrigerator these days. I thought that was kind of odd, too.
Now a few months later we go away for the weekend and come back to the
contents of the refrigerator being frozen solid (all liquids, etc).
We have the dial on 3 out of 5. Am I to assume the thermostadt is the
culprit?