Posted to rec.woodworking
Karl Karl is offline

Default Delta bandsaw motor replacement

Funny thing about is it that Delta sells a replacement motor (part #
1345011) for $155.09, more than the original purchase price of the saw.

The Cross-eyed Barber wrote:

A neighbor gave me a Delta model 28-185 band saw that the start
capacitor was burned up on. He had removed it and no longer has it. I
took the info off the motor and got a start capacitor from an
electrical supply house. It burned up almost imediately. Went to
another supply house and got another capacitor that they recommended.
Same result. I think the motor probably needs replacement.

1. Is it worth replacing, or should I just scrap the whole thing?

2. Where would I find a replacement? IIRC to get a replacement you
need to have the motor frame number. I can't find a frame number on
this thing to save my life. I can't afford a new bandsaw right now,
so that is out of the question.

Thanks for any advise.