Posted to rec.woodworking
Don Dando Don Dando is offline

Default Bleaching

While I have never done any bleaching, it occurs to me that the linseed oil
may have soaked in differently across the wood because of grain patterns. I
suspect that any linseed oil that is buried in the grain could cause
splotching and really look bad.

I' try out bleaching some sample wood before working on the cabinets or on a
door back that will not show.

Don Dando
"paul" wrote in message
ups.com...
Hi I have tried searching for bleaching but I seem to be getting
conflicting information on the subject,
I have made some kitchen cabinets fronm english oak but when I oiled
them with raw linseed oil they went quite a brown colour some more than
others , I have now sanded this off , and am thinking about bleaching
to try and lighten and even out the tones , will this be possible and
would i then be able to apply an oil finish ?

many thanks in advance Paul