Posted to rec.woodworking
Father Haskell Father Haskell is offline

Default Best saw to cut plywood for furniture

wrote:
I am building a desk from plywood, 1/2" and 3/4". I used a table saw
and circular saw to rough cut after I marked the layouts on the boards,
leaving about a 1/4" extra on each side.

I'm trying to get smooth straight edges, but have been failing so far.
Table saw seems not smooth enough. Circular saw not straight enough. I
plan on working on more furniture in the future, nothing fancy, and
probably most plywood or pine.

Would a band saw be a better option? Jigsaw, scroll saw...?

This is more just hobby right now, but still want to do better than
what I've ended up with so far.

Carbide combination (Freud Diablo is cheap, decent quality),
zero clearance plate to prevent tearout.