Posted to alt.building.construction,rec.woodworking
Mike Marlow Mike Marlow is offline

Default How to diagnose for cracks or condensation in 1/2" copper pipe

"bent" wrote in message
Just in case this post is at the end of its life, a couple questions

I)
Can you RE-SOLDER a elbow joint? Can I reheat the joint? Can I add solder
to it? I've got a regular propane torch. Do I do the both sides at the
same time, kinda working back and forth. I'm assuming I just need to shut
off the main water supply, flush the toilet, and open the sink faucets.

II)
If I have access to the area of the elbow/pipe that has a crack can I fix

it
with MAGIC PLUMBING TAPE? Is this type of product anywhere decent? If it
is condensation I wonder if this stuff could help with that?

I'm still at diagnosis stage. I still have to remove some kleenex. I'm
determining if its residual water (possibly wicking), or condensation.

I'm
checking if I can get it dry. I have yet to run any water past it.

I think you need to call a plumber.

--

-Mike-