Posted to uk.d-i-y,cam.misc

Default Saving the planet

CWatters wrote:
I am wholly in favour of it in new builds or upgrades, except where its
appearance simply won't cut the mustard.

DG is almost compulsory for new builds to meet the regs. I believe the regs
specify U values for walls and windows that imply DG but I think they also
specify an overall U Value as an alternative method that might allow SG. Got
a feeling that SG windows might have to be small as a percentage of the
area..

Its cots me in 2000 about £250 to get a SAP rating calcualated for the
proposed build here. SG windows. They aren't large, but they aren;t
small either.

Essentially I had to go thicker on wall and roof insulation, thats all.