jim rozen

Default the Home Schooled was Clark is correct

In article , Gunner says...

Nationwide standardized testing. Not just per state.

W H A T ??????

Hold the phone, somebody just kidnapped gunner
and is impersonating him on usenet! I can't
believe the one and only *true* gunner would advocate
a change from state and local control, to big
government federal control, on an issue like this.

Education has *always* been handled mostly on a local
level, and to some degree on a statewide level. To
suggest that the federal government should step in
and set standards for education, to set up and supervise
testing, and to attempt to punish those who don't
perform, is possibly one of the most *liberal* ideas
that have floated by on this ng in quite some time.

I'm sure you want to rephrase what you thinking of,
because that came as a bit of a shocker.

And mores the pity. Want to give us a clue as to who was behind that
program being shut down?

I think we both know.

My understanding is that NY is in a major budget
crunch. They're cutting everything. But I'll
ask my buddy in the know, and report back.

Jim

please reply to: