Posted to alt.home.repair
Mike Ryan Mike Ryan is offline

Default Noise in House electrical ?

On Sun, 21 Jan 2007 10:15:34 -0500, "tc88" wrote:

Thanks for all the suggestions.

I eliminated Fluorescent bulbs, my Electric dog fence which is
wireless, and the one motion sensor I have on an out side light. Also
two battery tenders plugged into the garage.

Still have noise.

On my receiver in my office I do not have a radio hooked up to it only
an amp to power speakers to my computer. It comes through with just
the amp on. The clock radio does it on both AM and FM.

I was wondering if Smoke alarms would cause this. I have hard wired
smokes throughout the house all in series,(If one goes off they all
do)

I am going to try the breaker shut off next.

Has anybody heard of a filter that could be placed

Keep shutting things off momentarily, even the smoke alarms. Sooner
or later you'll find it.

Another thought......
By chance is your house connected to the same pole transformer as a
business that has a neon sign? They can cause noise.

One other thing. Shut off your computer, I know my computer causes
tv interference. My computer is only a couple feet away from the tv,
and when it's on, one tv channel can not be watched, while others are
fine. Of course, I'll admit my computer never has the cover on it. I
am always swapping drives and stuff, so I never put the cover on.
Someday I might put it on to see if the problem stops, but it's not a
priority since the affected channel is one that I rarely watch. That
channel is channel 19 uhf, so for some reason my computer is doing
something to interfere on that channel, and that one only. (my tv is
on an antenna, not cable or sattelite).