Posted to alt.home.repair
Steve B Steve B is offline

Default Snow makes motion sensor turn on

"Mike Ryan" wrote in message
Is it normal for falling snow to make a motion sensor turn the light
on, or do I just have a crappy sensor? It stayed on almost all night
from the falling snow until I finally shut it off completely. I just
bought and installed this unit a few weeks ago, so it's going back to
the store if it's just this particular brand or model. I bought this
thing to save electricity, not waste more.

You might try reading your directions. All sorts of useful information in
there regarding setting the sensitivity controls, false triggering, reasons
for false triggering, etc. If you notice, they come in all price ranges and
features. But each one should function reasonably and not come on when a
moth or snowflake flies past.

HTH.

Steve