Posted to alt.home.repair
Felder Felder is offline

Default Where can I get Drapes to fit my window

aflat362 wrote:
I've got a window that is 63" Wide and 44.5" Tall from sill edge to
sill edge.

1) What size curtains / drapes do I need to get?

2) Where can I find curtains that are sized right.

I just want a simple 2 panel setup where the drape is mounted right on
the rod and you slide the curtains by hand to open and close them. I
have no idea what the difference between a curtain or a drape is (if
there is one)

I'm guessing I would need the height to be like 8 inches greater than
my window size, so I can mount the rod above the frame and still have a
little hanging lower than the frame - so around 52 / 53 inches tall.
Does this sound correct?

Then when it comes to width I'm not really sure. It seems like most
places online like JC Penney sell drapes "by the panel" meaning I
would need to buy 2 panels for one window, correct? and my window is
63 inches wide so how wide should the panels be that I purchase?

thank you for anything you can tell me. I'm obviously clueless when it
comes to shopping for curtains!

Length and width are really a personal preference so long as the window
is covered.

I like our window treatments to hang pretty much down to the floor
others like them to hang down to the sill.
For width, I like the panels to more than cover the window so they
still have a pleated, shirred look. So for a 60" wide window I would
get two panels that are at least 40" wide each.

JcPenney has a large selection of window treatments and they do have
sales associates that will help you find what your looking for.

-Felder