Posted to rec.crafts.woodturning
Charley Charley is offline

Default A gloat and an oops

Please be sure to tell us how well the sealer worked on your shoe(s). My bet
is that they will stay as shiny (or dull) as they are today for a long time.

--
Charley

"Gerald Ross" wrote in message
om...
Got a call last night. A gentleman called and said he saw my picture in
the paper with my display of bowls made from different woods at the
local library. He said he had just cut a wild cherry tree and would I be
interested in the wood.

Aw, shucks. Sure I would take it off his hands so he wouldn't have to
pile it up and burn it. This morning I picked it up. Now I have 16 bowl
blanks sliced up, labeled and sealed.

The oops? While painting the sealer on, I sat my cup on an upended
blank. It tilted over and spilled, right on my shoe! Now I have a sealed
shoe. If it turns out well, I may seal the other one.
--
Gerald Ross
Cochran, GA

An evil mind is a constant solace.