Posted to rec.woodworking
shred00 shred00 is offline

Default full extension slides for vertical partitions

Morris Dovey wrote:

What you're looking for sounds a lot like the slide/pivot lash-up used
on entertainment cabinets to hide/reveal the TV. You might look in
that direction...

Ahh. Yes, very close. I am glad my description led you there. It
means at least somebody understood my description. :-)

The problem with those entertainment unit type hinges is that they
typically mount on the sides of the cabinet such as:
http://www.leevalley.com/hardware/pa...,43614&p=43625

I need them to mount on the top and bottom of the cabinet. I could
almost use drawer slides (the method of affixing them would at least be
right) except that I don't think they have any strength when used in
that configuration.

Thanx for the idea though!

b.