Posted to alt.building.construction,rec.woodworking
bill allemann bill allemann is offline

Default How to diagnose for cracks or condensation in 1/2" copper pipe

If no water has run thru that section of pipe for days, it can't be
condensation, because in a matter of a few hours, the pipe
will reach ambient temperature. Condensation can only
happen when the pipe is at the dew point (significantly
below ambient).

Bill

"bent" wrote in message
NO NO, wait sorry

I just got back to work. I'm stuffing Roxul battts b/t joists above stud
walls b/t rooms for sound insulation.

I got took the tissue paper off - I looked at its outer edges before. Now
I see there IS some water where I wrapped one 3/4" x 2" piece through the
pipes. Like I put a single drop on the center, that hadn't reached the
outer corners, or half the surface area. So I have a question for anyone
with expereince/knowledge in this kinda area.

I have NOT run any water through that pipe for maybe a week. It is only
uncovered of insulation a few inches on top of the 2x4 before it goes down
into the wall. Only the top of the 2x4. It does feel a little cool to
the touch. Nothing runs even close (w/i 12') or through.

SOOO:

Is it possible that it COULD be condensation? In winter, when its -10
degrees C outside, and say 20 degrees C inside? Or have I got a leak/
possible stress crack?

News==----
Newsgroups
=----