Posted to uk.d-i-y
Phil L Phil L is offline

Default Tiling: where to centre

F wrote:
I'm about to tile the bathroom but am unsure about where to centre the
tiles on the long wall against which the bath is placed.

The short wall at the tap end of the bath has a window in it. The
opening into which the window is fixed has the usual step into it at
its bottom and top and on one side. The other side has the long bath
wall running straight into it. In other words, if you look towards
the tap end of the bath there is wall facing you above and below the
window, and to the right of it. There is no wall facing you on the
left.
Long winded/convoluted description over, where do I centre the long
wall tiles? Half way between the wall at the non-tap end and the wall
just below the window, or half way from the non-tap end wall and the
window frame?

TIA

What difference does it make? - you will end up with a cut on all four walls
in the corners, unless you are extremely lucky and full tiles drop in just
right..this doesn't mean all eight edges of the four walls will have a cut,
but at least 4 of them will.