Posted to uk.d-i-y
Maurice W Maurice W is offline

Default lateral thinking required on re-siting loo

Help!

I'm wanting to rejig the back of r rouse, and there's a toilet I want
to keep on the ground floor. The main problem is that the toilet
currently is hooked directly into a hole in the floor which evidently
goes to a drain that hooks up with the sewer, as opposed to
disappearing through the wall into a soil pipe.

The big nuisance is that this hole in the floor in about 12inches from
the back wall, which means the whole toilet is much further into the
small floorspace than would otherwise be the case, which leaves no
room for putting a small handbasin in, other than squeezing it right
into a corner, which would make manouevering to sit on the toilet
awkard.

I spose some digging up of the floor etc could relocate the plumbing,
but I was wondering if there is something I hadn't thought of that
could get around this.

Things like as there's a high level cistern, a sink could be put in
where the normal level cistern is, and it could somehow swing out for
people to wash their hands after sitting on t'karzi. Or a toilet bowl
that somehow has the s-bend out the front of the toilet, so that the
main toilet could push further back against the wall.

Mozzer