Posted to alt.consumers.uk-discounts.and.bargains,alt.comp.hardware,sci.electronics.equipment,uk.d-i-y
philo philo is offline

Default Battery life of wireless doorbell

After I had him carry a dozen cells up a flight of stairs
(and the old ones back down) he started laughing a bit less

I really rubbed it in a bit and told him that I was the one who

installed
them originally
about 5 years before!

I realised I was getting on when I started ripping out equipment that was
state of the art 8-10 years ago when I first installed it, and replacing

it
with kit that was a fraction of the size (

Heck my heavy lifting ended about 6 years ago when I had knee surgery

I just get contractors to do it )

Though the electronics has changed quite a bit in the 32 years I've been in
the battery business...
and there have even been some changes in the batteries too...
Lead is lead...and it's heavy!