Posted to alt.consumers.uk-discounts.and.bargains,alt.comp.hardware,sci.electronics.equipment,uk.d-i-y
Gizmo. Gizmo. is offline

Default Battery life of wireless doorbell

"philo" wrote in message
. ..

Had to remove 192 flooded cells from a Nortel site once, each one with 56
litres of acid.
Wasnt exactly the nicest job we've ever done ... but sure did pay well !
Replaced them with good old VH57s

Well I'm 57 years old and my heavy lifting days are over.
they hired a 300# (135kg) "kid" to help me out on the heavy jobs.

The first week on the job he laughed at me because I could no
longer lift all those "very light" cells.

Ahh but once you get to a certain age you've learnt that using an electric /
hydraulic battery lifter may not be so fast, but is way easier - and kinder
on the back ! ;o)
Although we still get the youngsters come in lifting VH57s at 127Kg each by
hand.

After I had him carry a dozen cells up a flight of stairs
(and the old ones back down) he started laughing a bit less

I really rubbed it in a bit and told him that I was the one who installed
them originally
about 5 years before!

I realised I was getting on when I started ripping out equipment that was
state of the art 8-10 years ago when I first installed it, and replacing it
with kit that was a fraction of the size (

Heck my heavy lifting ended about 6 years ago when I had knee surgery

I just get contractors to do it )