Posted to alt.home.repair
Pop` Pop` is offline

Default Snow makes motion sensor turn on

Mike Ryan wrote:
Is it normal for falling snow to make a motion sensor turn the light
on, or do I just have a crappy sensor? It stayed on almost all night
from the falling snow until I finally shut it off completely. I just
bought and installed this unit a few weeks ago, so it's going back to
the store if it's just this particular brand or model. I bought this
thing to save electricity, not waste more.

It sounds like you probably have the sensitivity adjustment too high. Turn
it down some, but be sure it'll still work, and see if that helps. Mine
turns on like that too if I turn the sensitivity all the way up. In fact,
even hard rain will turn it on. PUtting it back to a reasonable setting
though takes care of it all.

Pop`