Posted to rec.woodworking

Default Finish for indoor and outdoor Cypress???

"sailor" wrote in message
oups.com...
I am wondering what people who have finished Cypress, have used for a
stain or finish. I am planning on using Cypress for a bathroom vanity,
and some outdoor furniture.
Any suggestions? Please indicate if you have used the finish/stain
suggestion.
Thanks

I've not used cypress indoors, but have outdoors a few times. Spar varnish
is OK but has to be done often for good protection.

I've had very good luck with Penofin oil on a few outdoor woods. Great
stuff. I've used Sikkens Cetol Marine and I don't care for it. Darkens and
did not cover well.