Posted to alt.consumers.uk-discounts.and.bargains,alt.comp.hardware,sci.electronics.equipment,uk.d-i-y
Gizmo. Gizmo. is offline

Default Battery life of wireless doorbell

"philo" wrote in message
. ..

they can ring your bell continuously for 25 years or so

Nah ... those are tiny.

What you want are Exide OPzS flooded cells - available up to 2V @
12,000Ah
I'm sure there are bigger on the market, but that's as big as I've worked
on.

Though I now work for a different industrial battery manufacturer...I used
to work for Exide...
but never worked with cells larger than 1700 AH. I think the largest cell
could carry into my basement
would be about 300AH

Had to remove 192 flooded cells from a Nortel site once, each one with 56
litres of acid.
Wasnt exactly the nicest job we've ever done ... but sure did pay well !
Replaced them with good old VH57s