Posted to alt.home.repair
jackson jackson is offline

Default Furnace sometimes, but not always, fails to start

wrote:

When you do reset it, does it rumble, or is there a smell of oil or
smoke?

Well, the sound of the burner kicking in is always a sort of mild
rumble, but it does not sound any different from usual when I am doing
it via reset. No smell of oil or smoke that I have ever noticed.

shebaaa wrote:

Probably not the transformer then(though it should be checked). When was
your last cleaning? I assume the Techs checked pump pressure and flow. If
not it could be partially clogged filter, line or strainer. Then I would
check amp draw on the burner motor. Then if nothing found depending on
the Primary control, check the relay contacts if possible. These are just
the steps I usually take when trouble shooting at a customers.

Right on with checking that motor assuming it isn't a problem with the fuel
line.