Posted to sci.electronics.repair
Eeyore Eeyore is offline

Default URGENT: ISO IXFN55N50 MOSFET Devices -- US Supplier, Small QTYNeeded

Mark & Mary Ann Weiss wrote:

I am repairing a QSC Powerlight 6.0 PFC amplifier and the problem is in the
chopper circuit of one of the the power supplies. Q2, the IXFN55N50 Hi Perf
MOSFET, an SOT-227B package device, had a rather spectacular end of life
event. Fortunately the audio rack's breaker tripped before damage could
spread to catastrophic damage levels.

I'm in the process of determining the health of related components, but at
least one of the IXFN55N50 devices has become carbonized and one terminal
welded itself to the mounting screw.

I'm in search of a supplier of this device, in the US, for small quantities
for repair and maintenance purposes. Perhaps a maximum order of 8 devices,
depending on price.

Who sells these devices in the US? My Googling takes me to a lot of Chinese
suppliers and huge lot quantities.

If someone is familiar with a US supplier for these, I would greatly
appreciate hearing from you. I'll check back here periodically. Thanks.

Check QSC's website www.qscaudio.com IIRC. The chermatics are there.

The IXYS devices are probably not the ones originally specified and they're
just 'commondity' N-ch mosfet or IGBTs most likely.

Graham