Posted to sci.electronics.repair
Malissa Baldwin Malissa Baldwin is offline

Default Sony KV-27TS29 problem - no power.

wrote:
Just shut off one day recently. No video, no sound, nothing.

Why am I not suprised of a classic example of Sony quality control.

This set is old but I still love it and would hate to toss it.

I would love to toss it.

From
what I have read, there is a common power supply component failure with
this model and that some places sell a kit with parts.

From what I have read Sony is nothing short of a piece of ****.

Does anyone
know where I can purchase this kit? I'm not a TV expert but I have
serviced electronics for many years in the past and I'd like to give it
a try being that it's only five components to replace. Thank you.

Sounds like you shouldn't dick around inside TVs and just buy a new
one.

Just don't buy another Sony.