Posted to rec.woodworking
[email protected] rmeyer1@gmail.com is offline

Default Pinewood Derby

I think that this year will be about the profession v. the trades.

ain't that a damned shame?

Regards,

Tom Watson

The real shame is that our kids turn out too stupid/unmotivated to get
into engineering programs at our universities these days. Science and
engineering slots are now filled with foreign students. Bet their
parents didn't help them build pinewood derby racers. Most likely
didn't build their school projects either.

By the way, in the 50's pinewood derby racers were constructed by Cub
Scouts. Our den mother assembled blocks cut from 2x4s, nails, wheels,
etc. They all came out of the same bag and we used these parts to cut,
sand, nail and paint our own racers under her husband's watchful eye.
We conducted our own races. No parents in sight. Cookies and fruit
punch for everyone after. Had a GREAT time without daddy. Daddy was at
work building Studebakers. He did admire my racer after the fact.