Gunner

Default Required Tools to stock my shop?

On Wed, 18 Feb 2004 21:32:04 GMT, Larry Jaques
wrote:

On Wed, 18 Feb 2004 10:34:49 GMT, Gunner
brought forth from the murky depths:

On 16 Feb 2004 14:02:20 -0800, jim rozen
wrote:

In article , Leo
Lichtman says...

Also, can anyone suggest a good place to learn brain surgery?

Read Craig Vertosik's book, "You're Never the Same Once the Air
Hits Your Brain."

Note to Jim: No wonder I couldn't find it. You flubbed -both- the
title and the author's name. There was a copy in our library
after all. In case anyone else is interested:

"When the Air Hits Your Brain" by M.D. Frank T. Vertosick Jr.

Ditch Medicine. Required reading for every survivalist.

Be warned..the pictures are not for the faint of heart

http://www.outdoorshub.com/Ditch_Med...873647173.html

No gory pics at that URL. Were they in the book, Gunner?

Of course. Sorry for the confusion. The book is very detailed with
good b&w photos of all the procedures, from how to debride a wound to
removing a gangrenous limb, tying off the vessels and veins, , what
sort of impromptu saw to use, how to install drains in the stump, etc
etc. A very good book.

Btw..want to see what my left foot looks like at present after
dropping a 25lb chunk of 1" plate steel across all 5 toes Monday
night?

Its much better now after I popped the several golf ball sized blood
blisters. I can only count 4 different colors. Its where they blend
together that is the interesting part.

Gunner

"To be civilized is to restrain the ability to commit mayhem.
To be incapable of committing mayhem is not the mark of the civilized,
merely the domesticated." - Trefor Thomas