Posted to alt.home.repair
blueman blueman is offline

Default HAHA - FIXED IT MYSELF!!!!: Furnace blows but does not heat (intermittent problem)

"Steve B" writes:
"blueman" wrote

That's a shame. Did companies literally refuse to sell to you or did
you just have trouble finding the part?

There's more to the story. I called and asked how much the part sold for.
The tekkie said they didn't sell to the general public, but to only those
with accounts. I asked what it took to get an account. He said a tax
resale number and a business license. I said I had both. He then said to
bring them over, set up an account, and then he would sell it to me. So I
went from ignorant member of the general public to acceptable workman with
proper licensing with a few words on the telephone.

I think that probably makes you more qualified than half of the "pros"
here on the group.

Although I think you may also have been able to prove your
"professionalism" by just telling the clerk "blow me" -- it seems to
be one of the key technical words of the trade