Posted to rec.crafts.woodturning
Ralph Fedorak Ralph Fedorak is offline

Default A gloat and an oops

Gerald Ross wrote:
Got a call last night. A gentleman called and said he saw my picture in
the paper with my display of bowls made from different woods at the
local library. He said he had just cut a wild cherry tree and would I be
interested in the wood.

Aw, shucks. Sure I would take it off his hands so he wouldn't have to
pile it up and burn it. This morning I picked it up. Now I have 16 bowl
blanks sliced up, labeled and sealed.

The oops? While painting the sealer on, I sat my cup on an upended
blank. It tilted over and spilled, right on my shoe! Now I have a sealed
shoe. If it turns out well, I may seal the other one.

Aw heck!