Posted to uk.d-i-y
Andy Hall Andy Hall is offline

Default The hot tap is on the left

On 2007-01-20 22:35:17 +0000, S Viemeister said:

Bill wrote:

I stayed in one of a well known chain recently and when, after half an
hour, the heated towel rail was still cold I checked it out and found
the mains lead had been cut off and removed from the appliance. When I
questioned the receptionist she told me that at one of their hotels
someone had received a shock from the towel rail so they had
disconnected all rails in all the hotels!!!!!!!!!!! This was for
safety! Sounds a, bull s**t or b, very much overkill.

There again this was the same hotel that gave me a free pair of used
ladies knickers and a nighty on the inside hook of the bathroom door,
free used tissues under the bed, a not fully working TV and only 4
sheets of paper left on the loo roll. A letter of complaint to the head
office did get a full refund so they weren't that bad.

Sounds like the Holiday Inn at Glasgow Airport, a few years ago. As an
extra touch, the peephole in the door was set up for peeping _into_,
rather than out of the room.......

Airport hotels are almost universally awful or expensive and generally
both, IME