Posted to alt.building.construction,alt.home.repair
Art Art is offline

Default countertop suggestions

"Steve B" wrote in message

"Todd H." wrote in message ...
Chris Friesen writes:

Steve B wrote:

Shop around and go granite. Do it once, do it right. Corian is too
soft, and knives cut it easily no matter what naysayers say.
Go the extra and get granite. You'll be glad you did.

Granite has its own downsides. It needs to be sealed so it doesn't
stain,

LOL--I love how folks bring this up (important though it is), but it's
listed as a downside, as though it's so hard to spray sealer down and
run a rag over it once every few months.

The reality is that it's as easy as dusting a wood table, and takes
about 45 seconds for the whole kitchen.

GRanite, pardon the pun rocks. Can't imagine having a synthetic
material in my kitchen instead, especially when really nice looking
granite can be had for 55/sf installed with haul away, edges, sink
cutout, etc included.

Best regards,
--
Todd H.
http://toddh.net/

Can you believe the post about how his wife doesn't like seams? What,
Formica comes in endless sheets now with no seams?

Corian can be installed with no seams. Granite cannot unless you have the
right layout.