Posted to alt.building.construction,alt.home.repair
# Fred # # Fred # is offline

Default countertop suggestions

I have been putting in ceramic tile counter tops in my rentals for
years. Never have had any problems. I have them in my house and will
never have anything else. You will have grout lines, things break if
dropped on them but they are beautiful, easy to do and cheap.

Ceramic for rentals are ok especially you could really dress it up on the
back splashes. I'm beginning to put 3/4" solid granite sheets on my rentals
as a follow landlord turn me on to it a few years ago. I didn't understand
why she put new oak cabinets and solid granite tops for her rentals until
she told me it only cost her $4,000 installed. That was about three years
ago.

I'm did a cemet top at my friends house last month, also easy, we
stained the mud prior to pour then randomly scattered a differnt color
on top before polishing. No seams, peice of cake.

Concrete countertops are nice!