Posted to alt.home.repair
Joseph Meehan Joseph Meehan is offline

Default Air Purifier

diablo wrote:
Hello All,

I was wondering if anyone here has had experience with home air
purifiers. What I'm asking about is one like the link below shows,

http://www.sears.com/sr/javasr/produ...BV Cookie=Yes

I'm mainly interested in reducing the amount of dust in the air,
which of course ends up on the floor, furniture etc, etc. My house
doesn't have a forced air heat or cooling so I think that's what I
have so much dust, as I have no pets, kids or for that fact I'm not
home all week as I travel for work. There's nothing there stirring
the air so I'm assuming it's the lack of air movement that is the
problem?
So my main question is would these type of air purifiers help to trap
the dust in the air and keep it off everything else?

Thanks,
Brian

Yes it will help, but you have dust coming from somewhere lack of
circulation does not create dust. Could be carpet, smokers, shoes air
infiltration (you have that, we all do) etc.. That air filter will help,
but may not do as much as you would like.

A cheaper air cleaner may work as well. You appear to be concerned with
just dust and not allergy issues so a less expensive non HEPA may work as
well or better in some ways.

--
Joseph Meehan

Dia 's Muire duit