Posted to sci.electronics.repair
[email protected] captainvideo462002@yahoo.com is offline

Default Fisher VCR model FVH919 snowy pix.

Now that I've repaired the transformer (I think), someone else said
that it may be a head switching issue. He said to use a dual trace
scope to monitor the preamp output with respect to the PG pulse. Does
this make sense to you and how do I determine where to pick up these
waveforms? I don't work on VCR's much and am not too familiar with this
procedure. I also read yourdetailed post and think that I satisfied all
your questions as far as alignment etc. I was very careful during
disassembly and reassembly to get everything back the way it was. I
really don't want to give up on this unit and appreciate everyone's
help. Lenny.
jango2 wrote:
Hate to **** on your bonfire, but it might be time to call it a day.
After all we're dealing with a 20 year old unit here, you've already
done what you can. With very good Hifi stereo VHS decks around cheap
second hand, it seems silly to waste more time on this one. Sometimes
it's best to know when to stop and spend time more productively.
Good luck.
-B.

No, don't give up. I just made a killing fixing 2 Leak valve amplifiers
which were more than 55 years old. . Have you checked out all the other
leads we've been giving you?. We're here to help u crack this case.
Jango.