Posted to alt.home.repair
Paul M. Eldridge Paul M. Eldridge is offline

Default What does the water company charge you for?

Our water is measured in cubic metres and I suspect that's true for
most of the world (i.e., outside of the United States). There are
1,000 litres per cubic metre.

I received my water bill earlier this week. Here's the breakdown:

Days in billing period: 102 days
Total consumption: 14 cubic metres
Daily consumption: 137 litres/day (36.4 US gallons)

Total charges came to $55.23 and consisted of the following:

Basic meter charge: $34.98
Water: $5.28
Environmental Protection: $10.46
Wastewater Management: $4.60

We are a two-person household and our home is equipped with low-flush
toilets, low-flow showerheads, and a water-efficient front load washer
and dishwasher (BOSCH). We're not overly cautious in our water use
(e.g., during this billing period I power washed our home, back patio
and driveway), but neither do we believe in wasting it.

Cheers,
Paul

On Sat, 20 Jan 2007 09:12:52 -0600, "Steve Barker"
wrote:

Having lived within 300 miles my whole life, I guess I'm am in fact not
familiar with other places water meters. Every place I've ever lived had
read out directly in gallons.