Posted to alt.home.repair
Tom The Great Tom The Great is offline

Default Noise in House electrical ?

On Sat, 20 Jan 2007 09:32:03 -0500, "tc88" wrote:

I have this buzzing noise in my house electrical system.

I can hear it in a stereo I have in my Office and I bought my wife a
new clock radio for Christmas and that is up stairs in the bedroom and
it comes through that radio also. These are the only two things I hear
it in. It is a short buzz that last about a second and happens about
every 10-15 seconds.

Any body have an idea what it could be and how to get rid of it.

The house is a new house that is only 3 years old.

Thanks,

imho:

If this was me, I would try and isolate what is causing the noise. If
the noise sounds over a portable radio, sweet. I would turn off
evertying, and then turn off the Service panel. If the noise is still
present, then I guess it's not my house. If the noise disappears, I
would turn on breaker by breaker till the noise happened again. then
start operating individual items, lights, tv's, etc.

But this is what I would do. Or I would say forget it, and listen to
my MP3 Player instead. Rock On!

tom @ www.MedJobSite.com