Posted to alt.home.repair
Mark K Mark K is offline

Default New acrylic paint on concrete is bubbling

Hi
I told the harware where I bought it that it was for concrete. They
recomnded this acrylic paving paint.

Cheers
Mark

On Jan 20, 3:00 am, "Joe" wrote:
Mark K wrote:
Hi

I applied a new coat ofacrylicpaintonconcretea couple of days ago.

I etched theconcretewith commercial etching solution and ensured it
was clean before applying thepaint.But was it bone dry?

It is nowbubblingin the heat of the day.

Is there any way to fix the bubbles? Should I puncture them?

MarkDid you use apaintspecifically formulated forconcrete?Paint

products vary widely in their properties,. For example, acrylics are
superior for outdoor use, polyurethanes are best for wear resistance
and epoxies are noted for good adhesion toconcrete. Consider visiting
a realpaintstore, like Sherwin-Williams, for advice and council, in
addition to a phone call to customer service of the company that made
yourpaint. Understanding the product is the key to success. Good luck.

Joe