Posted to rec.woodworking
Charlie Self Charlie Self is offline

Default Home Depot's Chinese made plywood

On Jan 18, 3:30*pm, Pat Barber wrote:
The two major suppliers of hardwood in North Carolina
do a "booming" business in exporting. They been doing it
for several years now.

Send out the good hardwood in containers and get a container
of cheap furniture in return, which explains the condition
of the furniture industry in North Carolina.

We can't buy a single piece of #1 SYP and we live in the
tarheel state ??? I asked a manager at a huge plant what
they did with all the good stuff... It is all exported.

Not just Tarheels: Hooker Furniture in southern Virginia announced last
week they are shutting down their LAST wood furniture plant in the
U.S., so that's 280 more jobs gone aglimmering.