Posted to rec.woodworking
Swingman Swingman is offline

Default OT (But on-topic as well)

"Prometheus" wrote in message

A couple of days ago, I came home after work to see a cat that has
been prowling the neighborhood since I bought the place huddling on my
front steps (it was about -10*, and the steps have outdoor carpet on
them, so I figure it must have been more appealing than concrete or
snow)

So I was contemplating building a little stray cat house with some
insulation in the backyard to give the occasional semi-domestic
passerby a place to get out of the weather on particularly cold or
rainy nights, just as a little act of kindness to them.

For that very reason, I regularly incurred parental wrath when a kid by
surreptitiously keeping the door to the barn feed room ajar during cold
weather.

I would do it again. If you believe it's right, do it ... but with the
proviso that if you notice detrimental/unintended consequences to whatever
it is you're trying to help, stop doing it.

--
www.e-woodshop.net
Last update: 1/06/07